Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Siren Song


Whoh! I’ve been getting way too heavy as of late and I think that it’s time for a change.

You know... I’ve been posting here for a couple of months now, and I think that we’ve gotten to know each other pretty well. “Friends,” you might say. And so, as your “friend,” I’d like to tell you about a drink. The Nectar of the Gods it is; Joy in a bottle, you might say. Oh, and it must come in a bottle, anything less would be uncivilized.
Oh yesssss *elongated for emphasis* I’m talking about Yoo-Hoo.
That chocolaty goodness, made from pure... well...
...um...
I’m not really sure what it’s made of, but I’m sure that it’s good for body and soul. Well, soul anyway. Everything a growing boy (or girl) needs to be happy.
I first had Yoo-Hoo while living in that once golden land now rotting dung heap of Southern California. Had I known that Yoo-Hoo is almost unknown in Utah, I would have stayed in that steaming cesspool of LA just for the drink. Uh-hu, it's that powerful.
And so imagine my joy, when I walked into a gas station convenience store right here in the state of my birth, and heard the siren song of Yoo-Hoo in the refrigerator, right next to the Sobe. I don’t have to tell you that I almost kissed the Iranian behind the counter. Jumping for joy I purchased my first bottle in years for $1.69. Compared to what I had just paid for gas, it was a pittance!

I’m good now. The smooth chocolate liquid mingling with my digestive juices. I’ve never enjoyed a burp so much in my life. ;)

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

I love Yoo-Hoo! Of course Chardonnay is actually the nectar of Gods though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...