Monday, July 03, 2006

Silver Moccasin - NYLT

I just got back from Silver Moccasin, our Council’s National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) course late Saturday night.
It was fun. 70 participants and 20 youth staff managed to have a bunch of cuts and scratches... had a Dining Fly burn down (that was heart stopping) but, all in all, it was a good time.
It's always amazing to me to watch 70 kids, who have never known each other before the camp, come together and work as a team. In the first day or two, they hate being there, they hate the other members of their patrol, but by the last day, they are more than friends, they are a team. It never ceases to amaze me.
Plus...
Any time spent at 9000 feet in the high Uinta Mountains, is time well spent.

I head back up there at the end of July for my home troop’s week-long camp.

5 comments:

NeverEnough said...

Beautiful scenery. And nice ass :)

Murph said...

Why... Thank you ma'am. *tips hat*
My wife sure seems to like my back side... I don't see the attraction. Pasty white and somewhat freckled (not sure how that happened);)

NeverEnough said...

I need your email address too...

Murph said...

I’ve made it accessible through my profile. ;)

Latter-day Scout said...

I attended Silver Moccasin (wasn't NYLT then yet) in about 1984 at what appears to be the same place.. quite an experience. Left parking lot it was about 80 degrees. First or second night it snowed over a foot and was nasty cold. Scouts (me included) were homesick and miserable for a couple days. Definitely character building. Choice scouting experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...