Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Long Road Home




It was a road with lots of twists and cul-de-sacs, it was wild, but we have returned with joy. Philmont Scout Ranch was so much fun. The kids had a blast, My wife had a blast, I... sat in class and was able to discuss different aspects of being a scoutmaster with scouters from all over the country. Oh... and I had fun too.

But it was a long road. We startd out by taking I-80 across Wyoming to Cheyenne. What a boring state! No wonder they call it “fly-over” country. And then shot down through Colorado into Cimarron, New Mexico, where Philmont is located.
Then, I thought that it would be fun to go the Mesa Verde on the way home. So we shot across the top of New Mexico on every little back road highway I could find until we got to Durango, Colorado. Stayed the night in Cortez, saw Mesa Verde and then shot up the side of Utah into Salt Lake.

Hello… Travel Log!

But the kids got to see some beautiful country, a lot of history and had some fun to boot.

This was a boring entry…
I’ll make it better later.

2 comments:

paula said...

I agree that stretch of Wyoming is quite a bore, but other parts of the state are quite something!

NeverEnough said...

Oh my God these are the CUTEST pictures. Adorable!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...