Friday, November 17, 2006

Bah...Humbug!

Wow, ‘bout time I posted again.
So the silly season is upon us… again. If you sense a tone of chagrin in that last statement, you would be right. I hate this time of year, and I’m not sure why. That’s not true, I know why.
I’m not the most social of people. I don’t really enjoy hanging out with people, and I hate hanging around people in social situations. The Holiday season is a social season. Family parties, company parties, parties with friends, parties with neighbors, parties, parties, parties…
Company parties… I don’t mind so much. We usually do something fun and it usually involves a restaurant too expensive for me to ever go to on my own. So that ain’t so bad.
Family parties… Ugh! If we were talking about my brothers & sisters and their spouses, well, that wouldn’t be so bad. Unlike a lot of people I know, I like my sibs. But when you add in cousins, and Uncles, and Aunts, and so on an so forth… mix in alcohol and children and noise… it’s enough to make you want to stake the guy pretending to be Santa, and run for your life.
Is it just me, or did the season begin in October this year? I swear, all the stores this year had holly and wreaths among the ghosts and goblins of Halloween. Pretty soon we’ll start hearing Christmas carols on the radio right around Arbor Day.
And so… I’ll leave you with the immortal words of Scrooge who said, “Bah Humbug!”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...