Friday, June 01, 2007

Aliens...


I listen to Coast to Coast on the radio every so often, and I gotta hand it to George Noory, he is either a person with the slyest sense of humor in the world, or he is a first class nut job. People can call him up and say ANYTHING in the world and he’ll just say… “Oh ya? Tell us about it.”
Last night they were talking about Human-Alien Gray hybrids and some Yo-Yo (I shouldn’t be so judgmental, I’m sure that he is a very nice, if a bit confused, gentleman… na, he was a yo-yo) anyway, this yo-yo calls up and says that the human-gray hybrid picture they had up on some website looked just like his daughter. Now, he did have a strong southern accent, and he could be telling the truth… inbreeding and all. But no… When George asked him where his daughter was, the guy replied that she was on the ship or was with “Them.” By then I was laughing so hard that I was endangering myself and others, since I was driving at the time, so I changed the station.
Where do these people come from? And do they really believe what they’re saying?

I believe in life on other planets. I believe in intelligent life on other planets. The universe is way to big with way to many star systems to be otherwise. I just can’t believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.
(Intelligent, meaning that we have the capacity for rational and individual thought… not that we use or act upon our intelligence.)
But… my belief stops there. I mean the universe is a big place. How did Douglas Adams put it in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy ?

“Space… is big. Really big. You won’t believe how vastly hugely mind-boggling big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

So, with space being so vast, I just don’t think that it’s possible to get from one inhabited world to another, in another star system, inside of a single lifetime. But let’s say it is possible, and a super intelligent race of beings made a craft capable of crossing that much vasty nothingness. So they come to Earth, find out that there is a race of intelligent beings on this planet, hell bent on killing each other, and so to let us know that they are watching us… they leave graffiti in our food supply?

And that makes sense?

Folks… There are no “aliens” circling Earth. No one has ever been abducted and probed or otherwise been misused by E.T. They don’t mutilate cattle and they don’t make crop circles. For all intents and purposes, because of the vastness of space, we are alone in the universe… get used to it. Because of that fact, because we are alone… maybe we should start being a little nicer to each other.
Just a thought…

But then… The Yo-Yo’s are so fun to listen to on the radio…
I guess I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...