Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is it Spring Yet?

I don’t know about you, but I am sick of winter! I’m done… is it spring yet?
It seems that every year, there's something magical about the first snowfall of the year, when it covers up the dead plants of autumn, and everything turns from brown to white. The air feels clean and crisp and everything is new. Then the holidays hit, and while I don’t like the holidays, I tend to look at the holidays much like Scrooge did on December 23rd, I have to admit that there is a certain magic to the snow.
And then, along comes January 2nd, and it all comes to a screeching halt. The days turn gloomy, the snow turns into a grayish slush and the air turns from crisp to freakin’ cold. Everyone is walking around bundled in their heaviest coats, head down against the wind against the stinging ice. Ugh!
So I ask you, gentle reader, is it spring yet?

2 comments:

John'swife said...

YOU DID THIS! THIS WINTER HELL THAT KEPT MY HUSBAND HOSTAGE ON THE FREEWAY FOR 5 HOURS LAST NIGHT!!! We NEVER say the "S" word! Ever! You have lived here long enough to know that! It will never come if you say the word!

Murph said...

Oh ya?
Well...
Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, ssssss-n-o-w, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, wonderful snow!

Haaaa- Haaa- Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...