Thursday, February 28, 2008

What? American Idol? Ummm...


What the HELL is wrong with me!?!
I’m watching American Idol… and… I like it!?!

I have my favorites (The Irish girl with the tattoos and the blond Mormon girl) I don’t know their names… I guess that’s one redeeming feature. And I’ve never called in to vote… that’s a good thing... right?

But watching American Idol? Caring about who gets sent home? Tuning in 3 times a week… on purpose?

Now look… I like some of what Idol has produced. Kelly Clarkson, her last album rocked. Daughtry can sing a good tune as well. I’m not a music snob; I’ll listen to anyone who can produce a good tune, regardless of genre. I mostly like Jazz… look three posts down… Missy Grillone… as they would say back East… “Fahgetaboudit” she’s awesome. Dianna Krall, Nora Jones, Jane Monheit, Harry Connick, Jr. … These are the folks I go to for my jazz fix. When I’m not in a jazz mood, I usually turn to Evanescence or to classic rock…

Now I’m all off the subject…

What is wrong with me?
Maybe I need to go in for a Cat-scan. I’m sure I have some kind of tumor. Then again, maybe it’s just that I haven’t had a good book to read, one I’ve felt passionate about, and so I’ve turned to FOX reality drivel, and got caught, hooked, as it were. How long is the season? Let’s just get it over with so I can regain my dignity and go back to being a TV snob.
Ok?

2 comments:

John'swife said...

I'm sorry...but i can't look at you right now... It is irrelevant that I am on the internet and looking at you is really not possible. Just imaging I am in a room with you... and turning away in shame....
On the other hand, i did like Kelly's last album.

John'swife said...

That was "imagine" not imaging...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...