Monday, May 05, 2008

The Great Kilt Controversy


So, in a couple of weeks my family and I are all going out to this Renaissance Festival / Fantasy Faire thing up in Ogden.

When I was a teenager, I used to belong to SCA (the Society for Creative Anachronism) and really enjoyed it. So… when we decided to go up faire, I told my wife that I would like to rent a kilt for the event, and she said ok. The thing is, when she said “ok” it really meant: “I’ll say ok, because I don’t think that you’ll really do it.”
So after I did the research and found out that there is a little scottish import shop in Salt Lake that will rent me a kilt, my wife, whom I dearly love, began to have reservations. Not with the cost, but with the fact that I would be seen in public in a skirt!
It took less than an hour to somewhat acknowledge the fact that my being in a kilt at a renaissance faire would not only be appropriate, but also be DAMN COOL!

Now if I can just get my son in one…


I'll post pics afterward. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...