Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cruel to be Kind

Ok, so while I was walking into work this morning I passed an American Idol wrist band… flapping, all torn and tattered in the weeds along the side of the road. Looking at it I could almost see it’s young owner, tearing it from his or her wrist… possibly in tears… all dreams of being the next big thing to hit Utah… but… alas… it was not to be…
Look, I love to sing. In church, where people are to nice to tell me to shut up, and I sing in my home… usually locked up in my office… where no one but me can hear. Look, in my mind, I sound really good… in real life… not so much.
I would hope that my wife and family love me enough to not allow me to go try out for American Idol… if I were younger, and… well, stupid enough to go do that.

Here’s a song that says it all…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...