Monday, December 01, 2008

Diversions



The last few weeks I’ve been doing a lot of “wondering” about things; mostly about where I am professionally. I’ve gone about as far as I can in my profession. Really all I can do at this point is try to expand my knowledge base, which may translate to a couple of more bucks in my pocket… maybe. But since I just got passed over for learning a new CAD program… I’ve been kinda down on myself as of late.
It’s probably just because I’m on the eve of turning 40 and I can’t afford to go back to school for a Master’s degree.

Anyway…

I do have distractions, however. Thursday morning I’m heading up to the U to take part in a panel of Browncoats (fans of Firefly/Serenity) for an English class built around Pop Culture as literature. It should be fun and serve as a welcome diversion from life for a while.

If you happen to be in that class… Watch out! The Geeks are coming! You will be assimilated… resistance is futile…
Oh… that’s the wrong show… Gorram it!

3 comments:

John'swife said...

Paying for school sucks. Jobs suck! Geeky Panels DON'T suck! Can't wait to freak out a bunch of "forward" thinking, trendy, organicly green, kacky pants wearin', overly idealistic utes! It is gonna be fun!

Murph said...

Whoh! Hol up thar Missy. Yer fergettin' that I used to be one o' them forward thinkin', trendy, kacky clad English Major types.

But I did read through the sample questions from the class and some of them do seem a bit... snarky.

John'swife said...

yes...but you were never overly idealistic...that I remember anyway.

Snarky...ya that is one word I would use

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...