Monday, June 11, 2012

God's Speed, My Friend

While listening to the Summer Book Show on Radio West this morning, I was informed that Ray Bradbury passed away last week.  It was a shock to me.  I almost cried... truly... and I still may.
I didn't know the man personally, but I knew him through his books, and his passing will be a great loss to us.
I first read him without knowing that I was reading him in high school English.  There, I read the short story "Usher II" and found it fascinating.  Later, in college, I read the "Martian Chronicles" and was pleasantly surprised to find out that "Usher II" was a chapter of that wonderful book.  "The Illustrated Man," "The October Country," "Fahrenheit 451," "Something Wicked This Way Comes," "R is for Rocket," "Dandelion Wine," anything and everything written by that wonderful man found it's way to my bookshelf.
I never knew Ray Bradbury as a person, but I have grown to know, and love him, through his words.
God's Speed, My friend.

1 comment:

Soozcat said...

I'm with you there. Wrote a little tribute piece to him (and one of his best friends) the other day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...