Sunday, July 15, 2012

Flash Mob... Fail


My family and I… among all of the other activities we do… belong to a flash mob. In this case SLCMobsters. It’s really just a group of folk, we’re not dancers, we’re not really professional… REALLY not professional. We just like to have fun, and this is a fun group. My wife got us involved, and at first, during the first couple of practices, I thought… This sucks! And then we did our first mob, out in front of the Megaplex Theater in the District on opening weekend of The Hunger Games, and it was so much fun!

So Yesterday, we were supposed to Flash mob a waterpark. Now let me tell you, all week, temps have been in the high ninties, a couple of days even got over 100, until yesterday. We got to the waterpark, we spied the other members of the flash mob, being very sneaky and nonchalant about it, then 10 minutes before go time, it started to rain, just a little. Then our leader, Jodie, came up to us and asked, “What do you think should we do it? “ I told her, “I don’t know, there aren’t a lot of people here.”

The decision was made for us about two minutes later when it really started to come down. It rained so hard… I haven’t seen rain like that in a long time.

So, needless to say… we’ll be going back another day… which is kind good for me because it’s been about a month since our last flash mob, and I’ve kind of forgotten the dance, so I need some refreshing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...