Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two Things Tuesday



Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


I finished this book last week, and I’m still blown away.  Imagine… I don’t know… The world of the Hunger Games, mixed with the Matrix, with a generous helping of 1980’s Nerd Culture, all couched in a classic Grail Quest… and this is Ready Player one.  It’s got it all Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters,chases, escapes, true love, miracles... (Catch the 80's reference?)


 Running a Pikermi?


As some of you may know, I just signed up for my first Half-Marathon, something I’m having second thoughts about… but that’s another blog.  Well, a friend of mine, who is a freaking running machine told me that Half-Marathons should really be named “Pikermis” since the town of Pikermi is at the half way point on the marathon highway between Marathon and Athens.  I don’t know… what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...