Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Two Things Tues...Umm... Wednesday

Pioneer Day... Wicked!



Geeez! I didn’t get a Two Things Tuesday written yesterday because I was super busy.

Since it was a state Holiday (Pioneer Day… it‘s a Utah thing, look it up) I decided to take the day off from work. I started with a run, which didn’t go very well, and ended with lightning and rain. I wasn’t so concerned with the rain, that was pretty nice, but the lightning had me a little concerned, so I cut the run short (just under 4 miles).

We then took the kids to this fun little Japanese Steak House. It’s one of those places where they cook the food on a grill at your table. This one is kind of goofy, and inexpensive and so much fun.

Finally, we took our two older daughters to see Wicked. It was our graduation gift to BB. (Or maybe her graduation was our excuse to spend lots of money for a play.) It was an amazing production, I was blown away.

Cinder-Freakin'-Ella


I’m afraid that I won’t be getting much running in this week since I’m working on a play for the Cottonwood Heights Arts Council. While it’s the 3rd play I’ve worked on for Cottonwood Heights, I’m not having as much fun as I have in the past. The cast is a bit more uptight than in past years, and this play just doesn’t have the characters that I, as a makeup artist, really like to do. The women actors really don’t trust a man to do their makeup… even though I’ve been doing makeup for 20 years. And those who are doing their own makeup are not following my designs… Ugh! At rehearsal on Monday the Step Mother looked like a man in drag, and one of the Step Sisters had a skull face because her eye makeup was so dark. I hope I got it taken care of though. At “notes” on Monday, I had the stage manager tell the cast that they are not allowed on stage until they check their makeup with me. I’ll have a stack of makeup remover wipes there so that I can fix all of the mistakes. I hope that by opening night (Thursday) they’ll get the message.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...