Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Two Things Tuesday

Beautiful Sunrise

I saw the most incredible thing this morning on my way to work, and I so wish I had had a camera with me.  We’ve been having some wild fires out here this year, and so, the air pretty much always smells like a campfire.  But this morning, as the sun rose above the Wasatch mountains, it was screened from view by a layer of smoke that made the sun this deep red.  It was filtered so much by the smoke that you could look right at it.  It was so incredible that I had noticed that runner had stopped along the side of the road to take a picture with her iPhone.  It was truly a once in a lifetime, but I’ll tell you, as an asthmatic, I’d give up the cool sunrise for clean air.

Vegas Baby!

I got talked into doing the Las Vegas Ragnar… well… they didn’t have to twist my arm to much.  I’ve been jonesing for the Saints and Sinners medal since the year I ran Vegas (2009) without running Wasatch Back first.  So… here I go again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...