Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bottling Summer

So, my running this week has sucked thanks to a truck load of peaches we received on Sunday. That sounds like I’m blaming the peaches, which isn’t really true. Anyway, there were WAY to many peaches for us to eat before they went bad, so I decided to try home canning. With the help of many nice people and their home canning blogs… Success! At least I think it was a success, I’ll know this winter if I don’t manage to kill us all with botulism, or some other nasty food illness. ;)


 The bottles in their water bath...
You can totally see my tube of NUUN in
the background :)

So in the end we ended up with 12 quart bottles of summer I mean Peaches, and enough peaches left over for a pie… or dutch oven cobbler… Mmmmm…

Ya, I’m so not getting any running done this week. The kitchen and those yummy peaches just keep calling my name…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...