Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Two Things Tuesday

Wow, this holiday thing really messes with my time sense… is it really Tuesday?
 

Paul Ryan… Dope!
Oh my gosh! The runner’s blogs are burning up about this Paul Ryan Sub-3 hour Marathon lie.  (Yes, I just used the word LIE) I have only one thing I have to say about this: “Hey Paul!  You’re a Dope!”  No one would have cared if you’d have said “Ya, I’ve run a marathon, and finished it in 6 hours while sucking on a Big Mac.”  (Actually, for me… 6 hours would be a really good time.)  The world would have been impressed enough about the fact that he had finished one of those monsters, BQ or not.  But, he’s a politician and wouldn’t know the truth if it came up and bit him on the fanny.  A word of advice to Paul… If you’re going to lie, at least make it a GOOD one.

Yard Work = Score!
So my plan came to pass.  Saturday morning I got the kids up and we hit the front garden with a sleepy vengeance.  And actually got quite a bit done before the heavens opened up and dumped a month’s worth of rain in a few hours… So my Saturday evening run was canceled, not due to rain, but due to terrible lightning.  Sunday… we did Sunday stuff, which has mostly to do with going to church, and less to do with yard work, but Monday dawned clear, and warm, and we finished up the front garden, got the back garden ready for fresh top soil, and cut down a dead tree that has had some kind of beetle chewing in on and around it.  Yes… we had A LOT of stuff to take to green waste recycling yesterday.  But it feels really good to have it done and my kids did a GREAT job.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...