Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two-Things-Tuesday


I know that it’s been a while since I wrote one of these… but I figured that it was time I got back to it.

In a Weird Place
I think that when it comes to running… I’ve drunk the Kool-Aid, I’ve turned the corner, I’ve gone over the edge… (Insert cliché here)

I realized this yesterday morning on my way to the bus stop.  I have to get up mighty early in the morning in order to walk the (almost) one mile to the bus stop so that I can be to work on time.  At the end of my street, there is a church, and I’m in the practice of cutting through the church’s parking lot so that I can save about 30 seconds of walking time.


So yesterday, in the predawn darkness, while trudging through said parking lot, I looked toward the main street in our neighborhood and spied a runner.  I live in a younger neighborhood and there are a lot of runners.  As I watched her run down the road, I felt… jealous.  Can you imagine?  I wasn’t jealous of her youth or speed, but that she had time to run, while I had to get on a bus, and sit on my butt, behind a desk, for the next 11 (or so) hours before I could go running.  And I’m not even a morning runner!  Weird Hu?


Bus Troubles
While I’m on the topic of the Bus.  I really don’t mind taking public transportation.  I know that’s strange for someone to say when they live in the west, but I really don’t mind… what I do mind, however, is the bus driving right past my stop while I’m waiting for it… in the cold… at 6:15 in the morning.  Ya, it’s happened twice now.  Kinda ticks me off... and they wonder why nobody likes to take the bus.  Hummmm...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...