Thursday, February 07, 2013

A Change of Plans


I can’t believe I’m doing this… but because of your dedication and belief in me, your willingness to open your wallets and support this cause that is so important… I will no longer be running the Ogden Half Marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Team in Training.  Instead I WILL be running the Ogden Full Marathon on behalf of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Team in Training.  That’s right folks… the whole enchilada.  26.2 heart pounding, feet swelling miles.

I realized last night, with the help of my lovely wife, that 13.1 miles just wasn’t enough to show my dedication to this cause.  The memories of Christian and Leslee mean more to me than a measly 13.1 could ever show, and so 26.2 is it! 

3 comments:

Redhead Running said...

Go Murph go!!! :)

Murph said...

Thanks Red. I expect you and Spike to be to my funeral. ;)

susette said...

Wahoo!! I hope you've got a training program in place. It's super helpful to know what to do and when. Good luck!!

PS-Your conversation with your daughter about the UVU hall of flags made me laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...