Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mountain View


The answer to your question… Yes… I’m still alive.
I’ve been so busy logging miles in preparation for my first marathon in 8 FREAKING WEEKS!  That I have had to put something in the back ground… and so the blog kind of got the axe.  But not the full axe… as it were.


For the last year or so, they have been building a new highway system in the desert behind my neighborhood, called the “Mountain View Corridor.” It’s pretty cool because it has totally knocked some serious miles off of our drive when we try to get out to my daughter’s Junior High School… but that’s beside the point.   The cool part is that when they built the highway, they also built a running/biking path along side of it.  And so, Last night, desperate to find a new place to run I trotted up to the path and did a couple of miles.  Oh, that was nice!
Long and smooth, it was a joy to run on.  It does skirt the new highway… but not really… not like a sidewalk would.  It kind of meanders out and back always reminding you that it is a part of the highway, but not so much that you’re sucking car exhaust.

The one downfall of the path is that there really is nothing to see.  The west bench of the Salt Lake Valley is desert.  I’m not talking “desert” like… “Oh, we don’t get a lot of rain” type desert. I’m talking about brown, sage brush, I can see for miles, horse with no name kind of desert.
I know that the master plan for the path is that they are going to add some landscaping and benches… but this is Utah… and they may get around to it in a couple of years.

But all in all, it was a good run last night.
I’ll try to keep you up to date on my marathon training… but that may be hard to do.  I have another short 4 or 5 mile run tonight, and a 14 miler on Saturday.  But I’m feeling good (besides the aches and pains that come along with training) and loving the higher milage.

1 comment:

Suz and Allan said...

What a great new place to run!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...