Thursday, August 01, 2013

July Recap


July Miles:  Ummm… Miles?  Nothing to see here people… move along… go about your lives…  No, really I ran about 20 miles… or so…  I’m thinking that the half in September is going to be a suck-fest if I don’t get on the stick.
Races:  Move along…  Really... just don't look back...

Next Race:  “Only Half Crazy” in mid-September.
Reading:  The Puppet Masters by Robert A. Heinlein.  This was the book that inspired “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” and (I’m thinking) “Falling Skies.”

Listening:  Right now I’m listening to a lecture on the literary origins of the Holy Grail, by Professor Monica Potkey of The College of William and Mary.  It’s really good.  I know... Geek!
Latest Obsession:  “The Music Man” By the Cottonwood Heights Arts Council.  I can’t think of anything else when I’m working a play.  I know, I’ve tried.

Netflix Habit:  I don’t have one right now.  I get on and just don’t feel like watching anything.
Blessing:  I’m blessed that I have so many things I can do.  I have a strong (if pudgie) body that can run when I want it to.  I have wonderful kids, and a beautiful supportive wife.  What more can a guy ask for?

Irk: My folks were forced to close the candy store… Sad.
Whoo Hoo!: We were able to go see Lindsey Stirling play with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  She was Awesome!

Oooh Ahh: I found out that Shatner (the one and only James T. Kirk) is going to be at the Salt Lake Comic Con… Oh man!  Where do I go for tickets?

2 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Your 20 miles is about 17 more than I ran in July so don't beat yourself up too bad!

PlumpRunner said...

Do hill training for the Only Half Crazy. You won't be sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...