Monday, September 09, 2013

A Bit of an Update

I don’t know if any of this will be good reading… but here goes anyway.


BB

As BB gets closer to leaving on her mission, it seems that my stress levels are going up, but that isn’t keeping us from having quite a bit of fun.  Last weekend ComiCon came to Salt Lake, and while I didn’t have the time to go, that didn’t stop BB from taking in the geek fest.  She was even able to get her picture taken with a couple of the Power-Rangers.  Ya… Power-Rangers.  She went all fan-girl when she told me about it… and I just tried to smile and tell her that I thought that was great.  Power-Rangers?

 
Framing Problems
Over the last few weeks I’ve been able to draw up some house plans for a new client… and it has not been fun.  One thing I’ve found with drawing plans is that when a project is right, it’s really right and I never hear about it until it’s built.  But when a plan starts to head south, it just picks up speed.  In this case, I told my client that because it was a really simple house, I’d give them a discount from my normal price.  In this case it was about a $350 discount.  And then things started going bad.  First off, me and the contractor went round and round about some stupid idea he had for the roof… one that was geometrically impossible.  And now the Civil engineer is telling us that the dimensions he gave us on the site were measured from a different place (center of the road instead of front property line) and now the house doesn’t fit on the property.  What else can happen?  I hate this!

Soldier Hollow Sunburn
On Labor Day, we decided to take the kids up to Soldier Hollow for a Sheep Dog competition.  So much fun!  We watched Dogs herd sheep, watched a splash dog competition, had a look at some exotic animals, and (since I’m a redhead) got Sooooo sunburned.  Right now my forehead is suffering from some sort of pealing leprosy.  When we left the house that morning, it was cloud covered, and pretty drizzly, but when we got up there… it was bright and sunny, so we had no sunscreen… only rain gear.  So much for being prepared.

 
We did see an exotic animal presentation, though, and it was so interesting.  We were able to see and touch chinchillas, a turtle, a hedgehog, and an animal from my home state that I have never seen before.  It’s called a “Ringtail.”  When the lady pulled it out of its crate, everyone thought that it was a ring-tailed lemur.  But as it turns out it’s not a primate, but related to raccoons, and can be found in southern Utah.  Who Knew?


So… here I am… on the raggedy edge.  Trying to keep it together, while the world is a blur around me.

2 comments:

Redhead Running said...

Gotta love the sunburns we catch on accident. Hope you're lubing up with lots of Aloe and lotion.

I'm laughing over BB's Power Ranger excitement. Once upon a time that blue ranger was sooooooooo cute. :)

Melissa said...

It's always fun to hear about your family...and you got sunburned? Well, I never! HA! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...