Monday, September 30, 2013

September Recap


September Miles: 31 miles.
Races: Zombie Fun Run 5k.  It was a fun little 5k.  Just like most Zombie Runs, the “Survivors” got a 2 minute head start.  We had flags tucked into our waste bands that the “Zombies” could collect (if they could catch you).  I crossed the finish line with flag intact.  I also got a 5k PR that morning.  It was a good morning.

Next Race: Nothing on the horizon.
Reading: Michael Vey; The Rise of the Elgen, by Richard Paul Evans.  I’ve kind of resisted this series.  Because, even though I’m a Mormon, I don’t read Mormon authors unless their name is Orson Scott Card.  But my kids decided that we needed to go to the pre-release party for the 3rd book.  So we went, met Mr. Evans and had our books signed.  I was so impressed with how down to earth Mr. Evans was, so I stared reading the series.  They’re not bad.  Obviously written for a younger audience, but a pretty good story.

Listening: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, by Washington Irving.
Latest Obsession: We dropped BB off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) last Wednesday (I’ll post pictures soon.  So far we haven’t heard a word from her.  As a missionary, she can’t call home, and so we’re anxiously awaiting a letter or an email… Something!

Netflix Habit: I just finished Alphas, it was really good, and I was sad to find out that the cliff-hanger at the end of season 2 will never be resolved because the series was cancelled… It’s Firefly all over again… (sob!) sorry… I’ll be ok…
Blessing: I’m so happy that my younger kids have such a great example in their older sister.  BB is going to be great as a missionary (As a part of the largest Missionary force in the history of the planet.  Over 70,000 young men and women).

Irk:  I watched “The Cove” about the slaughter of Bottlenose Dolphins in Taiji, Japan, and now I’m all ticked off and stuff!  I wrote a blog about my feelings… but I have yet to post it.  I should probably do some editing of naughty words before I do.
 
Whoo Hoo!: My son has qualified for his Orange Belt.  He’ll be tested on it later this month.

Oooo Ahhh:  I found some new running pants at REI, totally on sale!  So now I can get rid of my old, 1980’s style wind pants this winter!  Can I get an Amen!?!
One Last Thing:  I love this!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...