Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Long Overdue Update


Holy Cow!  I knew that it had been a while since I posted to my blog, but February!?! 
I do have a great excuse though… want to hear it?  Too bad… I’m going to tell you anyway.

I’ve been writing a research paper on the literary origins of the Holy Grail.  (This is what English Majors do for fun when not in school.)  So I’ve been reading medieval texts by Chretien de Troyes, Robert de Boron, Wolfram von Eschenbach, and a very old group of Welsh texts collectively known as “The Mabinogian.”  Actually we’re really not sure how old some of the Mabinogian texts really are.  My intention is to publish it in our Baronial newsletter, “The Questing Quill” when I finally get it into the shape I want it to be in, and maybe trim it down a bit, since right now it’s really long.
So… forgive me if my blogging has suffered.


My daughter B is doing well on her mission.  Half way through, and having a blast, it would seem.
I’m back with Team in Training for another season and all is not going as well as last time.  The first time I did this, I had such tremendous support from friends, family, and total strangers and this year, not so much.  Oh well, what are you going to do?  I started out training for the Big Cottonwood Full Marathon, but after some training setbacks, I decided that I had better push back to the Half Marathon or risk injury trying to make up for lost miles.  Probably a wise decision, but it still kind of sucks.


I did Wasatch Back again this year, (4th Wasatch Back, and 6th Ragnar) and it was still fun, but kind of lacked the outrageous fun of past years.  Not sure what it was.  I’m not sure if a recap would be beneficial to me or anyone else.
When I finish Team in Training for this season, I’m thinking of joining up with Push to the Finish.  It sounds like such a worthwhile organization, and such a great way to use my love of running for another good cause.

Anyway, there you go… I am still alive, still running, still having fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...